Tuesday 26 October 2010

Holidays, Hikes And Makes

It is half term this week and, for a change, i have had 5 days holiday from work and have had my sister and nieces staying with me.
On Sunday we chose to go walking and picked a walk out of my "Country Walks In The Rugby Area" by Jim Watson. This is the 1st walk i have attempted from this book so was interested to know how good the directions would be and how easy they were to follow.
Our walk was entitled Braunston, Sawbridge and Wolfhampcote and was 4.5miles long.
We started from "The Boathouse" in Braunston and along the canal before treking across
many fields and seeing many different animals, much to the kids delight.
The photo below is the view half way round as we walked down a bridleway. As well as all the animals we came across we also collected berries and conkers. And below is a photo of a mushroom we came across that i found fascinating. We did try and research it when we got home to see if edible but to no avail. The photo came out well tho i think!
Today my family are returning home but, before they left, my niece begged me for one of my new butterflies. Unfortunately her favourite colour is pink and i havent as yet made pink yet so we sat together and went thru my scraps and put her own unique one together for her to wear with pride!


xx

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous photo of the mushroom....I also have no idea what it is which is very worrying as I studied a whole course on fungi when I was at University....I will blame it on age and my failing memory! I love the butterfly you have made for your niece. I am sure she will love it and treasure it xx Thanks also for your lovely comment on the forum. I am following your blog now and look forward to seeing your next creation.
    Love Carrie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete