So i decided, at the weekend, to begin to put my mark on things and i have begun with the bathroom.
As you can see from the 1st photo it was painted with a dark terracotta paint which made the room look small and dark. The curtain, kindly put up by the owner, was made from an old bedspread and looked like an old rag hanging at the window!
So where did i start? Well on a trip to Ikea last week i looked in the bargain basement and found this roman blind that was reduced due to ripped packaging. A bargain at £4.70! It was far too long but was easy to cut down and re hem.
And from under the bed i searched out this beach hut print that i bought in Cornwall during the summer.
The print wasnt framed so i looked at the local car boot for inspiration and i found this picture for 50p! I removed the picture from inside, found some dark green paint in my craft box and set to painting the wooden frame.
While the paint was drying i sought out some various green material scraps from my craft box and cut out some beach hut shapes and stuck them along the top of my blind
All the prep work done and i spent Sunday painting the bathroom with a lovely pale green paint . Once again a bargain as my friend had given me a half tin that she had left over from painting her sons room.